The WMS sends the packed order information to the freight system which creates the consignment and provides the label within a few seconds. The order is now packed and shipped and ready for dispatch.
Freight Management Systems are now an essential part of order fulfillment. Freight systems create consignment information from your sales orders and packing information and send that to the carrier for a specific delivery service. Freight systems can either be carrier specific or independent multi-carrier systems. Unless you can send the majority of your freight with one carrier we generally recommend using a multi-carrier system. Which freight system is right for you will depend mainly on whether it is connected to the carriers you want to use. If you are flexible in the carriers you use then you can probably use any system. A few Cloud Freight Systems have become have become widely used by online retailers because they are affordable and cover the carriers they need.
Freight systems for Online Retail usually have an order fulfillment function but that is replaced by the WMS which provides a overall solution to the problem of physical stock management including picking packing and shipping. The order fulfillment function of a freight systems starts with a packed order ready for shipping. The order fulfillment function of the WMS ends with a packed order ready for a shipping label. The WMS sends the packed order information to the freight system which creates the consignment and provides the label within a few seconds. The order is now packed and shipped and ready for dispatch.
1. Carrier and Service
– We set up the carriers and services in the WMS that you use with your freight system and connect the integration
2. Package Types
– Set up commonly used shipping satchels, cartons and pallet sizes in your freight system to default the dimensions (and weights where applicable).
3. Capture shipment weights during packing
– Weigh your packed order and enter package type, quantity and weight in the WMS packing workflow.
4. Apply the Shipping Labels
– Tear off the shipping labels and apply they to your shipment
– Stage the packages for pick up by the carrier
5. Manifest the shipments for each Carrier
– When the orders for the carrier are all packed and shipped for the day, create a manifest in your Freight System to notify the carrier of your shipments.
These systems are on our development roadmap but we welcome new all new integrations